Albuquerque, NM Dentist Shares Top 5 Benefits of Dental Implants
A dental implant is a post or metal frame that is inserted into your gum to adhere to the jaw bone after a tooth has been extracted or lost. Getting implants is a surgical procedure that must happen in order for false teeth to replace your natural teeth. These implants fuse to your jaw bone to provide the best support for teeth, just as if the root of the tooth was still present.
Denture and bridge patients have much more reliability with their procedure when they choose to mount to a dental implant. These supportive structures minimize shifting and slipping of dentures and can be important to eating and even the way you speak. If you are considering implants, you should understand the top benefits to the procedure.
5. Closest Thing to Natural- Implants are the closest technology we have to replacing teeth roots. They look and feel just like the real thing and when replacement teeth are affixed, your smile looks natural.
4. Dental Implants are Long Term- Depending on the implant you choose, most of these are built to last and be supportive for your lifetime. Bridges affixed to natural teeth only last up to 10 years with great care but typically are only effective for 5 years.
3. Retain Your Face Shape- When you are missing teeth and don’t replace them with implants, your teeth can actually shift on your jaw bone. Your gums are also much more susceptible to infection and bone loss which can also change your face shape. Implants make it harder for bacteria to get in and also retain the alignment of your teeth and structure of your face.
2. Dental Implants Don’t Affect Speech- We have all heard someone with dentures speak and it sounds like they have an impediment. Implants feel like natural teeth and don’t move in the mouth meaning you will still sound the same to everyone who knows you.
1. Dental Implants Don’t Come Out- Your take care of implants just like you would your normal teeth. They don’t come out of your mouth or have to sit in a cup of water at the sink. Implants are brushed and flossed like natural teeth.
Dental implants are the best option for patients looking for a natural looking way of replacing teeth that will also prevent future tooth and bone loss in the future. Ready to schedule a consultation with your Albuquerque, NM dentist? Give our office a call today at (505) 208-0505.