Invisible aligners are a type of orthodontic treatment that we use to correct your crooked teeth or misaligned smile. They have also become a more popular option for misshapen teeth over the years. It is because invisible aligners are virtually invisible. Unlike conventional braces, they do not flash when you smile. These aligners also offer convenience and flexibility.
Invisible aligners work by making small movements at a time by putting slight pressure on your teeth. Depending upon the severity of your teeth alignment, we customize these aligners to suit your needs and requirements.
When Do I Need Invisible Aligners?
- We may recommend this procedure if you have crowded teeth. This condition overlaps your teeth and creates issues while maintaining oral hygiene.
- We may suggest invisible aligners in case of an overbite, underbite, and open bite.
- We will perform this procedure on your teeth if they have unnecessary gaps between them.
- Invisible aligners are also used during the first phase of your orthodontic treatment to make room for the existing baby teeth in children between 6-10 years of age.
What are the Benefits of Invisible Aligners?
- Invisible aligners are easy to manage and maintain. Unlike conventional braces, they are not fixed on your teeth. You may remove them while brushing your teeth and washing your mouth.
- They help to preserve the natural appearance of your teeth. You do not feel conscious during your treatment.
- Invisible aligners are a better option over traditional braces because they are painless and comfortable. You do not have to go through the problems like falling off of a bracket, unexpected breakage, etc.
- One of the best benefits of opting for this treatment is that it does not interfere with your regular diet. You may eat whatever you want to.
- They are customized according to your needs and requirements, thus offering a swifter treatment.
What Procedure Do Invisible Aligners Follow?
We will examine your teeth and take a digital scan of your mouth to make a custom treatment plan. Before creating your aligners, we will give you a digital preview of your new smile. We will take the impressions of your teeth using 3D technology and send them to the dental laboratory for the preparation of your aligners.
Once received, we will place them on your teeth. You will have to change these trays every 1-3 weeks while wearing them 20-22 hours a day. You may remove them while brushing your teeth or eating your food. After the treatment, we may also provide a custom clear retainer to ensure that malocclusion doesn’t recur.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at A Better Smile Dentistry, Albuquerque, NM, call (505) 208-0505 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit Dentist in Albuquerque NM at 475 Coors Blvd NW, Suite A, Albuquerque, NM 87121.